we will do it together

K1 Visa Attorney

stay connected

How We
Can Help

Best Immigration Attorney

Navigating the intricacies of the K1 Fiancé Visa process can be challenging and overwhelming for couples planning to start their lives together in the United States. At the law firm of Abogada Ashley Immigration, Inc., our dedicated lawyer and her team are committed to providing expert guidance and personalized support throughout the application process.

With years of experience and a proven track record, we strive to make your journey toward obtaining a K1 visa seamless and stress-free, ensuring you and your future spouse can focus on your love story and building a life together.

helping you when you need it the most

What is a Fiancé Visa?

A K1 Fiancé Visa is a nonimmigrant visa for foreign nationals engaged to US citizens. This visa allows the foreign national to enter the United States lawfully based on the engagement for the purpose of marrying their U.S. citizen partner in the United States and then obtaining lawful permanent residency. It facilitates the transition to permanent residency for the foreign fiancé(e) after the marriage. 

Don’t navigate the complex K1 Fiancé Visa process alone; let our experienced K1 Fiancé Visa Lawyer at Abogada Ashley Immigration, Inc. guide you every step. Contact our office today to ensure a smooth and stress-free path toward uniting with your loved one in the United States.

K1 Fiancé Visa Requirements

Specific requirements must be met by the U.S. citizen and their foreign fiancé. The primary qualifications for petitioning the U.S. government for a K-1 Fiancé Visa include the following:

  • In-person meeting within the last two years (with limited exceptions)
  • Both parties free to marry
  • Financial support
  • No major criminal history
  • U.S. citizenship for petitioning fiance 

It is important to note that the foreign fiancé cannot petition for the K-1 visa themselves. The U.S. citizen must initiate the process and petition the government on their fiancé’s behalf.

Applying for a K1 Fiancé Visa

Two women talking about bona fide determination

To obtain a K1 Fiancé Visa, the U.S. citizen (Petitioner) must file a Petition for Alien Fiancé (Form I-129F) with the USCIS. This petition should be sent to the appropriate USCIS Service Center based on the U.S. citizen’s geographic residence. This petition must first be approved by USCIS before the case is forwarded to the National Visa Center, and eventually the consulate or embassy in your fiance’s native country, for processing and interview scheduling.  Once approved, the I-129F petition will be valid for a certain period of time.


you are not alone

Fiancé Visa Wait Times

Fiancé Visa Wait Times typically involves several steps, and the duration of each can vary. Here’s a general overview of the K-1 Fiancé Visa process timeline:

The overall wait time for a K-1 Fiancé Visa may be affected by various factors throughout the process. If the I-129F petition is expiring before the interview has been scheduled at the embassy or consulate, it is possible to have it extended.

Happy clients

Get in touch

Contact me

I look forward to working together to provide you and your family the peace of mind that comes with having lawful status in the United States.

Note:  Submitting information through this website does not create an attorney client relationship between you and Abogada Ashley or any other person or entity. You understand that Abogada Ashley may represent clients that are adverse to you in connection with the subject of your communication. Unsolicited emails and information sent through this website are not secure and are not confidential. Do not send information that you believe is confidential. Please only submit a general inquiry with your contact information.

Scroll to Top